Monday, October 25, 2010

First of Forever

 This is the first of the forever dishes I will make my new husband. I'm so excited we had an amazing wedding and are ready to start the rest of forever together.

Last night we got home from our honeymoon so today makes it our fist official day as husband and wife in our new home. That is so awesome to type!

I start the day by staring at all the dishes we got as gifts and as I complain about washing the pile by hand (we still need to get a new dishwasher - it's the only appliance the house came with so of course it doesn't work) Seth reminds me "you wanted them all" - ugggh I know - still not happy about washing all these. But he is right - I did want ALL of these :)

So I let a sink full soak for a bit, washed them quickly and filled the sink again. Okay time to start some food. All this dish washing and coffee drinking (new coffee maker works great!) has made me starving - what's in the fridge?? Let the creative process begin....

So I LOVE baked eggs so I thought - well I've got a couple of eggs and some deli lunch meat, let's do this. This recipe for Marinara Baked Eggs will satisfy you morning or afternoon - on Sundays they tend to run together at our house, especially during football season. Here is how is goes:

MARINARA SUNDAY BAKE - for two

2 Organic Eggs
Non-stick spray or 2 T. E.V Olive Oil
4-6 thin slices of deli meat, I used turkey but you could also use: ham, pastrami, roast beef, mortadella or prosciutto
6 T. Your Favorite Spaghetti or Marinara Sauce
2 Slices Cheese, I used pepper jack but you could also use; Swiss, Cheddar, Goat, Feta, Cream Cheese, Munster, or Brie
2 pinches of dried oregano
2 dashes of garlic powder
2 dashes Italian seasoning (optional)
Salt & Pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

In a muffin tin oil or spray two cups, make sure to swirl oil evenly if using E.V Olive Oil

Take 2-3 slices of deli meat and press into each cup to form a lining

Spoon 3 T. of sauce into each cup

Take a small slice a cheese and press lightly into sauce

Season with 1 dash in each cup of salt, pepper, garlic powder, oragino, and Italian seasoning

Carefully crack one egg into each cup, keeping the yolk as close to center as possible, salt and pepper the top of each egg lightly

Very carefully place in the middle of the oven and bake for 13-18 minutes, or until whites are set

Remove from muffin cup by taking a butter knife and running is along the edges of the cup to loosing the meat from the pan and carefully scoop out with a small rubber spatula

Serve with toast and bacon for a delicious Sunday brunch - enjoy!

No comments: