Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sunday Football Beef Bourguignon



Sunday Night Football - doesn't get much better then this for our lil' household. GOOOOO Niners! This calls for some serious football food. You don't want to be going back and forth, in and out of the kitchen during the game. Solution = SLOW COOKER!

After a game full of ups and downs, beers and cheers you want to dig into something hearty and delicious. Nothing like a Sunday night food coma - right! Try my recipe for Julia Child's Beef Bourguignon, it's is a classic. Especially after the hit movie "Julie and Julia", of course I add my own Angerer twist to it. You can follow the original inspiration recipe or cook the Angerer way.

Here is the link to the original recipe I was inspired by: http://www.hamiltonbeach.com/recipes/slow-cookers-beef-bourguignon.php

If you would like to try it my way here is how I made it Angerer:

*Use 5 garlic cloves instead of 3
*Use 1/4 cup of red wine and 1/4 cup of white wine to add a little more sweetness
*Substitute the tomato sauce and tomato paste with 1/4 jar of your favorite tomato pasta sauce. I used the Trader Joe's organic roasted garlic spaghetti sauce
*Use soy sauce instead of
Worcestershire sauce
*Add 1 bag of baby spinach leaves

This is a great way to impress a group of football fans after the game, and it makes your entire house smell of delicious food. Best served over pasta with a little butter, salt and pepper. Let me know how your recipe turns out.


No comments: