Saturday, November 27, 2010

Chipotle BBQ Blue Cheese Chicken

Okay - so don't judge me but I LOVE to save take out sauces. I know full of sodium and preservatives, but they taste so good. Especially from Wing Stop, Quizno's and Domino's (hey don't judge on the Domino's either - it's good on a Friday night)

     This recipes I used left over BBQ sauce and Blue Cheese Dressing from Wing Stop. I'm not sure if Wing Stop is everywhere but it's everywhere in the East Bay Area. If you don't have a Wing Stop you can just use BBQ sauce and Blue Cheese Dressing from the market.

     If you are serving this to kids you can leave out the Chipotle peppers if you think it will be too spicy for them. You can make them more mild by taking out the seeds. It adds a good smokey flavor that will start to open up your kids pallets to new tastes.

     This is an easy dish you can whip up after work in no time. Also a great way not to waste left over take out sauces - hey you paid for it, you might as well use it - right!

CHIPOTLE BBQ BLUE CHEESE CHICKEN - for two

2-3 chipotle peppers (in adobo sauce)
1 Tbls adobo sauce
2 large chicken breast
1/4-1/2 C. BBQ sauce (seriously the best is from Wing Stop)
1/4-1/2 C. blue cheese dressing (I gotta go with Wing Stop's)
Salt and Pepper

Preheat oven to 425 degrees

Blend together the chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, BBQ sauce, and blue cheese dressing in a small mixer or I LOVE my Magic Bullet - it does everything!

Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken and place in an oven safe dish.

Coat with sauce and drizzle a little extra blue dress dressing on top is you want - I had fun with it as you can see in the picture

Bake for 15-18 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked through

**I'm new at this whole recipe writing thing so let me know if something isn't clear and I'll do my best to fix it - happy wifey recipes!

No comments: